Last night I threw together this dish and I have no idea what to call it.
It’s not a Curry even though there is curry powder in it and it isn’t Mexican even though there is both cilantro and lime in the mix.
Therefore I call it Spicy Stir Fry – even though it isn’t Asian at all.
This Stir Fry takes only 15 minutes to make, including prep – and if you don’t want it spicy, just skip the chili.
If you want the dish more “wet” you could add more lime juice or few tablespoons of either coconut-milk or low fat cream.
You can serve this dish with all kinds of flat bread, with a mango salad, in a bun or with rice, quinoa or cauliflower.
Recipe: Spicy Stir Fry
- 500 g (1 pound) turkey breast, cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium sized zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 - 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- handful fresh parsley
- handful fresh cilantro
- handful fresh mint
- heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add all the dry spices and give them a quick roast
- Chop the onion and add to the spices
- Add the meat and give it a quick stir and make sure all the pieces are coated with spices
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices and add to the skillet
- While the meat is cooking, roll the fresh herbs into a bundle and chop finely
- Take the skillet off the heat and add the lime juice and herbs. Give a quick stir and serve imediately
- Serve with rice, quinoa, bulgur or cauliflower
Comments - I would love to hear from you