As you might have noticed January for me is all about a fresh start and new beginning, so why not get a head start on spring already now?
The Lemongrass Fizz tastes like a vacation, you can almost feel the sand between your toes and hear the waves booming. This Lemongrass cocktail is super fresh and goes perfectly with spicy snacks and asian inspired food.Lemongrass Fizz (Lemongrass Cocktail)
4 cl (1.5 ounces) good quality Vodka (I use the Icelandic Reyka Vodka)
4 cl Lemongrass syrup (recipe below)
4 cl fresh lime juice
Lemongrass pieces from the syrup (explanation below)
Ice cubes Dash of ginger ale, sparkling water or even champagne
Lemongrass Syrup recipe (you can keep it in the fridge for 2 weeks)
5 dl (2 cups) sugar
5 dl (2 cups) water
3-4 sticks of lemongrass, finely chopped
1. Combine water and sugar in a medium size sauce pan and over low heat dissolve the sugar.
2. Remove from heat and add the lemongrass
3. Put a lit on and let it rest and cool for at least one hour
4. Pour it into a bottle and refrigerate for at least 3 hours 5. Strain the syrup and place the lemongrass pieces in a little bowl for later
1. Grate som fresh ginger into a cocktail shaker. The more ginger you put in the spicier the cocktail gets – if you love ginger go nuts.
2. Throw few of the lemongrass pieces you removed from the syrup into the shaker together with the ginger, lime juice and syrup then muddle with a wooden spoon or a pestle to get all that delicious flavors out of the ginger and lemongrass.
3. Add the vodka
4. Fill it up with ice and shake it all you can
5. Sift your cocktail into a chilled glass
6. Top it off with ginger ale, sparkling water or champagne
7. Garnish with a lemongrass stick and a mint leave