Milk and cookies anyone? These Chocolate Cookies are crispy and gooey at the same time, delicious! And on top of that they are both gluten and dairy free!
You can easily make these cookies sugar free too, simply use stevia or xylitol instead of sugar. Just make sure you read on the package how much you need to substitute the amount of sugar in my recipe.
If you are a reader of this blog, you should know by now that I am a huge fan of edible presents. I really do love receiving them, and they are so much fun to give. Buy a nice tin box or wrap up some cookies and bring with you next time you visit your bestie.
Recipe: Gluten & Dairy Free Chocolate Cookies
- 2 dl (0.5 cups + 5 tbsp) oats
- 1.5 dl (0.5 + 2 tbsp cups) almond flour
- 1.5 dl (0.5 + 2 tbsp cups) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 dl (0.4 cups) sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (350°F)
- In a food processor finely grind the oats into powder
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl: oats, almond flour, cocoa, coconut, baking powder and salt
- Whisk egg and sugar until light and fluffy
- Melt the oil and butter in the microwave or over water bath
- Add the dry ingredients and oil to the sugar/egg mixture. Use the method dry-wet-dry, start and end with the flour mixture.
- Scoop out heaping teaspoons of dough and place the little balls 5 cm (2 inches) apart. Flatten them a little bit with your fingers or with a fork
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
| Published on November 6, 2013 | Chocolate Cookies