Two years ago my husband and I were having the worst summer of our lives. We were forced to change waiting lists and we thought we would never become parents. We were sad, exhausted and completely drained for everything, and what did we do?
We booked a ticket to Rhodos, a beautiful Greek island where we spent a magical week recharging those empty batteries, collecting our strength and relaxing to the absolute max.
We ate delicious food and with no exceptions, had a greek salad at least once a day because there is nothing better in the summer heat than a classic, crisp greek salad. Seriously, it’s the best! And it will immediately transport you to a sunny greek island with it’s refreshing texture. Serve it as light lunch or as a side for grilled meat and fish.
Recipe: Greek Salad
- 400 g (14 oz) Tomatoes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup Flat leaved Parsley
- Feta Cheese
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Roughly chop tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumber. Thinly slice the onion
- Whisk together Olive oil, vinegar, oregano, little salt and pepper
- Divide the salad between 2 bowls, drizzle with dressing and finely chopped parsley, throw olives and feta cheese on top and voila!