When cooking dinner I like making delicious and elegant food, but it also has to be quick and simple (I have a husband that is really hungry when he comes home from work).
Today I want to introduce you to a recipe for tender fish filet with glazed and grilled nectarines, arugula and green pea puré.
This dish is healthy, beautiful, fresh and very tasty. Serve it with a slightly chilled Pino Noir, like for exemple this Austrian one. Bon Appetit!
Ps: It seriously only takes you 20 min to shake this dish out of your sleeve
Glazed Nectarines (enough for 2 nectarines / 4 halves)
2 tbs Honey
1 tbs Balsamico Vinegar
1. Cut the nectarines in half and pit them
2. Mix the honey and vinegar and brush the nectarines generously
3. Grill for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally
4. Serve with cut side up
5. Drizzle a little bit of the remaning glace over the nectarines
Green Pea Puré (serves 2)
200 g Frozen Peas
1/4 – 1/2 dl Fresh Mint leaves (if you really like mint you can use a lot…)
Pinch of maldon salt
1. Blanch the peas to bring out the green color and soften them a little (Blanch means to plunge food into boiling water for a short time and then stop the cooking instantly with ice-cold water)
2. Drain the peas
3. With a stick blender or in a food processor purée the peas and the mint leaves
4. If you want a very fine purée, push the mixture through a fine sieve before serving
Use your favorite white fish. I usually use cod or haddock because it is cheap and easily accessible where I live.
You can prepare the fish anyway you like, grill it, fry it, bake it, braise it…everything goes.
I usually rub my fish with Lemmon Pepper and nothing else. Then fry or grill it with a little olive oil, until tender.
I like using arugula for it’s peppery flavor. I simply wash it and then drizzle with a little bit of freshly squeezed lemon| Published on October 24, 2012 | Fish with glazed Nectarines and Pea Purée