I am a HUGE fan of Nutella, and I have been since I was a child!
My grandmother always had a jar of that delicious nutty-cocoa-butter in the cupboard, and I remember eating it with crispy crackers and drinking a glass of ice-cold milk along with it.
Now I am a grown up, still madly in love with Nutella, but I never give my self the pleasure of buying it – because if I did, I would eat the whole jar within seconds.
That is why I am thrilled to introduce you to this amazing homemade Nutella recipe!
NB:You have to have a food processor to make this Nutella!
Recipe: Homemade NutellaRecipe adapted from Oh She Glows
- 300 g (2 cups) Hazelnuts
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 dl Coconut Palm Sugar (you can get it in health stores or online)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Espresso Powder (I use this one, bought it at my local supermarket)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F)
- Roast the hazelnuts for about 15 minutes or until they have darkened and some shells have fallen off
- Place nuts into the centre of an old damp tea towel and wrap it up and rub the nuts to loosen the skins
- Pick out the “naked” nuts and place into processor. Repeat towel rubbing for the rest. It’s ok if all of the skins don’t come off. Add the remaining nuts to the food processor
- Process the nutz until creamy. This takes about 12 minutes, stop every other minute to scrape down the sides
- Add the coconut oil and keep processing
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients while processing
- Process until silky smooth and shiny. All in all my processor was on for approximately 18-20 minutes
- Store it in an airtight container in the fridge
| Published on March 6, 2013 | Homemade Nutella recipe