I have a dear friend that is Lactose, Gluten and Sugar intolerant which is a pretty complicated combo when it comes to making desserts. So every time there is a get-together and there are desserts involved, I have big plans about making something new to surprise her taste buds, but somehow I always end up making the same old chocolate cake.
This cake is super simple and tastes divine AND you can eat all you want without the bad conscience nagging in the back of your head.
Why not give it a try this weekend? You’re gonna love it, I promise!
Here is the recipe for a delicious Lactose, Gluten and Sugar Free Chocolate Cake:
Two handfuls Dates
100 g Almonds
4 tbs raw cocoa
4 tbs coconut-oil
squeeze agave syrop (Depends on how sweet you want the cake, I use about 2 tsp)
1/2 vanilla bean
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
2. In a food processor (I use my magic mixer since I don’t have a processor) mix the dates and almonds until they are a finely chopped and make a sticky mass
3. Throw in the coco, coconut oil and agave syrop and mix more, or until you have a beautiful creamy (and still sticky) mass
4. In a different bowl whisk the seeds from the vanilla bean and eggs until they are super light and fluffy. If you got the time I recommend whisking the yolks and whites separately and then carefully blend them together. The more you whisk the eggs the lighter the cake becomes, but be careful not to over whisk them so your cake wont collaps when out of the oven.
5. Carefully fold the date/almond/coco mass in the egg mixture
6. Bake in a bread tin, small round spring form, or do like me bake it in two/three square paper cups for about 20 min, or until a knife comes out clean.
| Published on August 30, 2012 | Dairy, Gluten and Sugar Free Chocolate Cake