A jam makes a great holiday gift for those who have everything. I recommend making this delicious pear jam with rosemary and lemon. Give it in an old fashion maison jar with metal lid decorated with christmasy ribbon and pine.
Here is the recipe:
1 kg pears
zest and juice from two lemons
handful fresh rosemary
4 dl water
500 g sugar
1. Peel the pears and remove the seed and stems
2. I n a large saucepan simmer the pears, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary and water until the fruit is soft.
3. Mix it with a hand mixer. I like to have some chinks of fruit in my jam so I do not over mix it.
4. Stir in the suger and let it melt over medium/low heat
5. When the sugar is melted bring the jam to rolling boil (boiling very hard and continuously)
6. After 10 min test the jam on plate by dripping a little on a plate and place it in the fridge. It is ready when you run your finger through it and it leaves a crinkly track mark. If after a few minutes the cooled jam is too liquid, continue to boil the jam, testing it every few minutes until you have the right set. (It will happen but it might take some time, it depends on the freshness of the fruit)