Ok. I’m Scandinavian and I have not the slightest idea what American Football is about – except it being a game with big dudes in tights running and throwing themselves on top of each other while the viewers stuff themselves with buffalo wings. Am I right?
That said, I do understand that Super Bowl also means feast and that’s my language. Feast!
So recently I have been testing various classic American Recipes and in my humble opinion, I just nailed the Buffalo Wings Recipe. They are absolutely yummy!
There are a lot of stories about how and where Buffalo Wings were invented, but the most popular story is about Teressa Bellissimo coming up with the delicious combo of wings and hot sauce back in 1964 at Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Regardless of history, I think we can all agree on that Buffalo Wings are DELICIOUS!
Recipe: Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 1 kg (2 lbs) Chicken Wings
- 1/2 dl (1/4 cup) Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 5 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1.5 tbsp. Frank's
- 40 g (3 tbsp.) Butter
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Water
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Divide the wings into three pieces (remove the tip and use for stock or discard) coat the other two pieces with the flour, salt and pepper
- Bake the wings in the oven for 30 minutes, turning after 15 min
- Meanwhile, Warm hot sauce, franks, butter, brown sugar and water in a saucepan. When the wings have had their 30 minutes, coat them in the sauce and then place back in the oven for 20 more minutes.
Recipe: Blue Cheese Dressing
- 60 g (2 oz) Blue Cheese
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) Creme Fraiche
- 1/2 dl (3.5 tbsp) Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Crumble the cheese and mix together with the mayo, creme fraiche and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.