This Garlic Pasta dish is so simple to make and I have never met anyone who didn’t love it! You can use what ever type of pasta you like, I always make it with whole wheat spaghetti.
Serve it solo, with a simple green salad or like I usually do it; with my delicious chicken meatballs.
What I love about this garlic pasta, is how simple and clean it is. There is no fat or creamy sauce and you can “dress it” up and down as you wish. Furthermore, this dish takes you only few minutes to make and requires no cooking skills – Everybody can make this with little or no effort.
– If you feel like the pasta is to dry, add more olive oil
– If you have fresh parsley or oregano, chop some up and throw it in as well
– This dish requires that the basil is fresh, you will not get the same flavor pallet with dry basil
Recipe: Garlic Pasta
- 200 g Pasta
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves, minced Garlic
- A splash of Pasta Water
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- 4 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- Boil the pasta in salty water until al dente - Follow the instructions on the package
- Before pouring the water of the pasta, save one cup of it
- Pour two tbsp olive oil in a skillet and slowly brown the garlic over low heat
- When the garlic starts to take color add the now cooked pasta to the pan and give it a good stir
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, pasta water and basil
- Grate parmesan cheese and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add some more basil leaves on top for decoration and extra flavor