Here it is, my very first recipe in the category ‘Family Style Dinner’. I hope you will join me for this new adventure of home cooked meals – and if you try any of the recipes throw me a comment and let me know how you like them!
These meatballs aren’t exactly Italian, but the fennel seeds definitely give them an Italian vibe and if you throw them in my homemade tomato sauce, I promise you have a delicious dinner to serve your family.
You can use what ever meat that you like for these italian meatballs. I like to use chicken or a mix of veal and pork, but anything goes. Just remember not to have them in the oven to long, you want them moist and not dry.
If I have basil, I always throw in a few leaves of that as well, but you don’t have to. You can also choose to replace the parsley with basil.
A tip: To make your life a little easier, plan meals for one week in advance using this printable template
Recipe: Italian Meatballs
- 400 g (14 oz) Ground Chicken
- 1 Red onion
- Handful Parsley
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F)
- Line a baking tray with parchment papaer
- Chop the onion finely
- Roll the parsley up to a bundle and chop it roughly
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Form small balls, use your hands or two spoons
- Sear the meatballs in a little olive oil in a frying pan until they have beautiful brown color. 2-3 minutes.
- Place the meatballs on to the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes