The cold, cold winter is around the corner and nothing says hygge and warmth better than a piping hot, robust and homemade lentil soup packed with flavor and healthy veggies.
When I am making soup I usually just use what I have in the fridge so if you have other veggies than mentioned in this recipe, be experimental and add those in instead.
Recipe: Lentil SoupSmag suppen til med citronsaft, salt og peber. Pynt med frisk persille og/eller mynte på toppen.
- 250 g (1/2 lbs) Onions
- 250 g (1/2 lbs) Carrots
- 200 g (7 oz) Sweet Potato
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Celery Hearts
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Koriander
- 2.5 dl (1 cup) Green Lentils
- 400 g (14 oz) Crushed Tomatoes
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Water
- 2 Vegetable Boullion Cubes
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- Handful Fresh Mint
- Dice onions, carrots, sweet potato and celery. Sauté in olive oil until softened.
- Add minced garlic, cumin and coriander and stir. Then add lentils and tomatoes and stir again. Add water and boullion and let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and mint
Comments - I would love to hear from you