This Pear Galette Recipe is so easy and comes together in just few minutes. You do not even need a pie pan you simply lay the dough on parchment and fold the overhang from the pie crust directly over the filling et voila, you have a beautiful, rustic tart.
This Pear Galette Recipe is packed with warm flavors and you can easily go right ahead and put on some jazz because this baby is bringing the hygge to the table.
Looking for another pie? Check out my classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
Recipe: Pear GaletteSee the recipe for pie crust further down the page.
- 850 g (30 oz) Pears
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Whisky
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Whole Wheat Pie Crust (see recipe below)
- 1 Egg, lightly whipped for egg wash
- Wash the pears (no need to peel them) and cut them into 3 mm (1/8 inch) slices
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients (except the egg!) and gently fold in the pears and let marinade for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough out to a 25 cm (10 inch) circle. Arrange the pear slices but leave a 5 cm (2 inch) edge all around. Now fold the edge over the pears and give the edge an egg wash
- Bake the pear galette in an 180°C (355°F) for 50-60 minutes
Recipe: Whole Wheat Pie Crust
- 5 dl (2 cups) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 115 g (1 stick) Butter
- 6-8 tbsp Ice Water
- Cut the butter into cubes and place in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes
- Place flour, ice cold butter, sugar and salt in a food processor and spin until you have sand like substance
- Add the water 2 tbsp at a time and pulse a few times or until the dough starts staying together
- Pour the dough onto a clean surface and press it together into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to three days.