It sure is tempting to snack on ice cream and popsicles when the sun shows it’s face and the temperature rice. These Rhubarb and Coconut Popsicles taste like summer vacation and are the ultimate snack after hangouts on the beach or a bike ride in the woods.
Rhubarb is super easy to grow, and it is one of the first things you can harvest from your garden in the Spring. It is also a popular ingredient in the New Nordic Cuisine along with Dill, Beets and Licorice.
There are many different types of Rhubarb, but the most common are the red and the green ones. I highly recommend using the red one, since it is sweeter and has more appealing color. (The green one becomes dark brown when cooked)
Do you also LOVE Rhubarb? Here are more of my Rhubarb Recipes you might like:
Recipe: Rhubarb and Coconut Popsicles
- 400 g (3/4 lbs) Red Rhubarb
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Lime
- 1 can Cocnutmilk
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Cut rhubarb into small pieces and place in a pot along with the sugar. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until the rhubarb has softened
- Squeeze the juice from the lime into the pot and use immersion blender to puré the rhubarb. Set aside and let cool down.
- Whisk coconut milk, vanilla and honey in a bowl.
- Now layer whipped coconut milk and rhubarb compote into popsicle molds and use a chop stick to swirl around to make marble effect
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours